Warranty Terms & Condition
WELCOME TO THE IMANI MALAYSIA FAMILY!
Thank you for trusting imani Malaysia as your premier breast pump provider.
Our imani Warranty and Customer Care team will assist you with any questions or issues you are having during your breast pumping experience. We will do our best to make sure this is a comfortable, productive, and fulfilling journey.
We are here to provide troubleshooting support and to determine if a product-related issue exists. If a product-related issue is found during the warranty period, we will repair/ replace the item(s). For assistance using your pump, our Lactation Counsellor is available to help you.
YOUR IMANI WARRANTY
imani Malaysia values your business and offers warranty coverage on imani breast pumps.
imani Breast Pumps are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for the period of 1 year commencing from the date of purchase OR date of baby’s birth within 6 months of purchase. At imani Malaysia’s option, we may repair or replace parts that is determined to be defective by us and determined to be covered by this warranty.
WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:-
Warranty for Pumps:
1) This warranty is ONLY valid for local pumps bought from J&J Baby, imani Malaysia and authorized reseller in Malaysia.
2) This warranty is not valid for pumps that are bought from overseas or unauthorized resellers.
3) imani breast pump comes with a 1-year local warranty on the device, and 6 months warranty on battery. There is no warranty for the pump components and accessories.
4) Warranty starts from the date of purchase or date of baby’s birth within 6 months of purchase, whichever is later.
5) Your imani i1+ and i2 pumps are single-user pumps. As a result, only the original user is covered under the warranty. The warranty is Non-transferable, negotiable, or assignable to a third party.
What does the Warranty NOT cover?
1) This warranty is available to the original user (name on receipt). If you purchased a used/ preloved, second hand unit, you are NOT eligible to claim warranty.
2) Warranty is voided in the event that milk/fluid backflow into the machine or mishandling is suspected.
3) This warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
-Normal wear and tear accessories
-Use other than in accordance with the instruction manual
-An unauthorized disassembly, repair, alteration or modifications
-Misuse, abuse, negligence or accident howsoever caused
For Warranty Claims or Repairs, what do I need to do?
1) Always contact your seller if you face any issue with your pump. Please provide the following information:
-Receipt and warranty card
-Baby’s Birth Certificate to show Date of Birth (DOB has to be within 6 months of date of purchase)
-Model of Breast Pump and corresponding serial number
-Explain the nature of the defect. To troubleshoot; we may ask you some questions or request for more photos/videos to try to ascertain the defect.
2) Warranty card and receipt must be presented together with the pump during servicing. imani Malaysia reserves the right to reject servicing if warranty card and receipt is not presented.
3) Service charge and spare parts (motor, battery and PCB) are FREE OF CHARGE for pump granted with warranty (except damage stated in “What does not the Warranty NOT cover”).
4) For expired warranty set, the servicing fee will be applied.
5) All shipping cost should be borne by the customer.
For courier return, please refer to the steps below:
1) Item must be sent using registered postage or courier with tracking number. We are not able to advise on the delivery status of your return parcel and are not responsible for any delay, loss, or damages due to transit. We reserve the right to reject return parcels that are damaged.
2) You may opt to self-collect or arrange your own courier.
3) If you require a courier pick up and return service; please let us know and we will indicate the charges prior to confirmation.
All rechargeable batteries have a limited lifespan and may eventually need to be serviced or recycled. Your own battery’s lifespan will vary depending on how you use your device as well as the settings you choose for it.
If you need to charge your battery more and more frequently, it might be time to service it. For products with built-in lithium-ion polymer batteries, the batteries should be replaced by an authorized service center.
Our warranty covers a defective battery, but it doesn’t cover wear from normal use. If your device needs battery replacement and it’s not covered, there will be a service fee.
Your battery is designed to retain up to 500 complete charge cycles. The six-months battery warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, a battery service may be available through your local Authorized Service Centre. Prices and terms may vary.
Battery and Performance
Batteries are a complex technology, and a number of variables contribute to battery performance and related your device performance. All rechargeable batteries are consumables and have a limited lifespan—eventually their capacity and performance decline such that they need to be replaced. As batteries age, it can contribute to changes in your device performance. We created this information for those who would like to learn more.
About lithium-ion batteries
imani use lithium-ion batteries technology. Compared with older generations of battery technology, lithium-ion batteries charge faster, last longer, and have a higher power density for more battery life in a lighter package. Rechargeable lithium-ion technology currently provides the best technology for your device.
How to maximize battery performance
“Battery life” is the amount of time a device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time a battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. One factor affecting battery life and lifespan is the mix of things you do with your device. No matter how you use it, there are ways to help. A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep your device half-charged when it’s stored for the long term. Also avoid charging or leaving your device in hot environments, including direct sun exposure, for extended periods of time. Charging overnight, overcharging for long hours and improper charger will shorten your battery lifespan too.
When batteries chemically age
All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.
As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged. A battery’s ability to deliver maximum instantaneous performance, or “peak power,” may decrease. One attribute that affects this instantaneous power delivery is the battery’s impedance. A battery with a high impedance may be unable to provide sufficient power to the system that needs it. A battery’s impedance can increase if a battery has a higher chemical age. A battery’s impedance will temporarily increase at a low state of charge and in a cold temperature environment. When coupled with a higher chemical age, the impedance increase will be more significant. These are characteristics of battery chemistry that are common to all lithium-ion batteries in the industry.
When power is pulled from a battery with a higher level of impedance, the battery’s voltage will drop to a greater degree. Electronic components require a minimum voltage to properly operate. This includes the device’s internal storage, power circuits, and the battery itself. The power management system determines the capability of the battery to supply this power, and manages the loads in order to maintain operations. When the operations can no longer be supported with the full capabilities of the power management system, the system will perform a shutdown to preserve these electronic components. While this shutdown is intentional from the device perspective, it may be unexpected by the user.
Battery health degraded
If battery health has degraded significantly, your battery can still be used. However, you may be experiencing more noticeable battery and performance issues. A new replacement battery will improve your experience.
Battery drains fast / shorter battery life
When you battery health degraded, you may be experiencing battery drains fast issue. If your battery is still new, this may be the faulty charger or battery defect issue. You may try to recharge with another hand phone charger with output 5V1A until the green light shown.
Our warranty covers a defective battery, but it doesn’t cover wear from normal use. If your battery is aging, it is normal to drain faster or has shorter battery life. (Refer “When batteries chemically age”). If your device needs battery replacement and it’s not covered, there will be a service fee.
REGISTER YOUR PUMP
To register your pump, please fill out the Warranty Registration Form here.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM WITHIN 3 WEEKS UPON PURCHASE DATE.
FILE A WARRANTY CLAIM
To file a warranty claim, please fill out the Warranty Claim Form here.